Friday, July 15, 2016

15/07/2016: Harper Adams student nets work experience placement with global aquaculture company

http://www.harper-adams.ac.uk/postgraduate/201077/Y/2016/S/AGR/aquaculture
Tom Oates
A Harper Adams University student is jetting off to Malta this summer for a three-month work experience placement with an international aquaculture company.
 
Tom Oates, 22, from Plymouth, said: “I am going to Malta to work with AquaBioTech Group, an international consulting company that operates globally with clients and projects in more than 55 countries.
   
“While there, I will be helping in the land lab on food nutrition trials.
   
“I’ve always been interested in agriculture and aquaculture; especially as my dad owns an oyster farm.
      
“When I told Professor Simon Davies that I wish to ultimately work in the aquaculture industry, and would like to get some work experience in the area, he gave me the contact details for AquaBioTech. I’m going to be out there for three months this summer.
  
“I feel really excited to have this opportunity, especially as I thought that I wouldn’t get it. I’m not really sure what to expect yet.
  
“I’m currently doing a foundation degree in agriculture and plan to top-up to a BSc degree next year. I then hope to do the Harper Adams MSc Aquaculture course, which is led by Professor Davies, professor of mono-gastric nutrition and aquaculture.
 
“I’ve been planning to do his aquaculture course for a while. He is a great expert in the field.”
  
Professor Simon Davies added: “During his time out in Malta, Tom will be working under Shane Hunter, the technical director.
  
“AquaBioTech Group will be supporting future opportunities for our aquaculture Masters programme at Harper Adams University. Two of my previous Masters students work there as full-time employees in Malta.”
  
Visit the Harper Adams site HERE

The Aquaculturists
This blog is maintained by The Aquaculturists staff and is supported by the
magazine International Aquafeed which is published by
Perendale Publishers Ltd

For additional daily news from aquaculture around the world: aquaculture-news

No comments:

Post a Comment